| ||. NET Components for Excel is a suite of native .NET components allowing to read, create and modify native Excel (xls) files, without needing to have Excel installed. .NET Components for Excel Supports Excel 97 and higher. |
.NET Components for Excel are completely written in C# 100% managed code providing an API that can write and read files, with basic formatting information, images comments, etc. While creating reports, there are options to use images/comments/conditional formats/merged cells/pivot tables/charts and almost the complete Excel feature set. A Report document is included to see the generated reports. Key features of .NET Components for Excel include:
- Generates Excel files from Win Forms, Web Forms, ASP.NET, Pocket PC applications, web services on the fly and fast.
- Native .NET components (no additional OLE or DLLs required) allowing to read, create and modify native Excel .XLS and .XLSX files without needing Excel installed.
- Supports Excel 97-2003 .XLS file format and Excel 2007/2010 .XLSX format.
- Native PDF file export.
- Fast and solid hand tuned Excel file engine capable of generating thousands files per minute.
- Able to modify Excel files and keep almost everything existing on the original file, from macros to ActiveX objects.
- Recalculation of more than 200 Excel functions.
- Ability to read and write encrypted Excel files.
- Runs on .NET 1.1 to .NET 4.0, Mono and the .NET Compact Framework (XLSX support requires .NET 3.5 or higher).
- Templates can be stored inside an executable file, in a database or in any place from where it cab be accessed it as a stream.
- Extensive API is available to programmatically write and read files, with formatting info, images comments, etc.
- Export to HTML in HTML 4.01 strict or XTHML 1.1 with full standards compliant.
- Report Engine that creates complex reports using Excel as the report designer, so final users can modify them.