| ||The Cash Flow Template for Excel (by ModelSheet) calculates periodic cash balances by taking into account of sources of cash inflows and uses of cash outflows. Analysis of cash flows can be segmented and broken down into detail of cash receipts and payments.|
The Cash Flow Template for Excel can be customized for specific requirements online and then immediately downloaded for use. The resulting template then presents flexible input parameters for cash flow analysis including multiple trade receipt accounts, lines of credit receipts, non-trade receipts, initial accounts receivable amount, disbursements by account, labor costs (and benefits), employee related costs, and initial bank float. An additional input area is provided for actual cash flow data to compare with the budget calculations.
Key features of the Cash Flow Template for Excel include:
- Calculation of starting and ending cash balances.
- Sources of cash are segmented into trade receipts and other receipts.
- Analysis database monitors receipt accounts with one record per account and one record per sales order.
- Produces a trade receivables aging report.
- Cash outflows are segmented into employee expenses and other disbursement accounts.
- Analysis databases store individual hourly and salaried employees, with start dates, end dates and pay rates.
- Payroll schedule with separate salaried and hourly payrolls, benefits, payroll taxes, travel and entertainment expenses.
- Analysis database monitors disbursement accounts with one record for each account and one record for each purchase order.
- Addendum that includes checking account cash float in cash flow analysis.
- Line of credit worksheet which analyzes the credit position of the business with loan balances, funds advanced by creditors, funds applied to loans, excess borrowing capacity, routing of trade receipts to accounts controlled by creditors, and borrowing derived from analysis of eligible inventory and receivables.
- Accounting for permanent sale and reversible receivables.
- Bank cash float analysis calculations.
- Cash flows can be optionally segmented by any criteria (e.g. business units or locations) with optional separate worksheets for each cash flow segment.