| ||The Macroeconomic Model for Excel (by ModelSheet) is a powerful Excel model for analyzing economic scenarios for aggregate demand, capital stock, employment, production, income, inventory, interest rates, price levels and money supply. |
The macroeconomic model also includes analysis of random shocks to demand and production which with inventory cycle assumptions calculates a simulation of business cycles.
Options for the template can be configured online before downloading the customized template with calculation built in. Configuration options include time period and frequency, summary total frequency, grand totals, and multiple time ranges to display varying frequencies and summaries.
Ten dynamic stochastic models are included for have independent time evolution assumptions, as well as 17 additional related functions and over 20 numerical input parameters.
The Macroeconomic Model for Excel employs uses 'system dynamics' methods that monitor stock and flow variables as well as internal feedback loops. Such methods are useful for dynamic models in actuarial and investment management applications and, in particular, for Monte Carlo simulation models.
The Macroeconomic Model for Excel is available in four versions with incremental levels of complexity:
- Light - a small macroeconomic model of demand, employment and capital investment with random shocks in aggregate demand and output.
- Standard - the same as the Light version with financial market analysis including variable interest rate and variable demand for capital (Based on the IS-LM model by Hicks).
- Advanced - the same as the Standard version with variable price level, constant money supply and an inventory adjustment mechanism (Adjustment of inventory is a significant factor in short-term business cycles). The Advanced version also includes a lagged unemployment variable that it independent to be used for analysis purposes only.
- Extra - the same as the Advanced version but allowing more time periods.
Key features of the Macroeconomic Model for Excel include:
- Excel templates and customization can be previewed at any time without obligation.
- Comprehensive support material including user manuals and demonstration video.
- Multiple customization of the same macroeconomic model can be made and the resulting template downloaded.
- Excel templates are well laid out with comments on variable cells, collapsible analysis blocks and straightforward explanations of formulas.