| ||Financial Statement Templates for Excel (by ModelSheet) provide accurate financial statements at specified time periods and frequencies with integrated calculations. The generic financial statements include an income statement, balance sheet, statement of cash flow, financial ratios and detailed underlying calculations for any business type.|
The specifications for the financial statement assumptions can be first customized online and, when downloaded, a variety of flexible inputs are provided for completing the financial statement analysis. Detailed input assumptions with intelligent driver breakdown options are provided for sales, cost of goods and services, employment, operating expenses, financial and tax parameters, assets, liabilities, equity and valuation parameters.
Key features of the Financial Statement Templates for Excel include:
- Sales analysis: product and product families with sales units, prices and revenue segmented by selling locations. Annual product support costs for each product, with optional deferral and accrual of revenue and expense in each time period during the support term. Contract sales that are unrelated to products and product support, with optional deferral and accrual of revenue and expense in all time periods during a specified contract term. Sales scenarios, lead sales funnel with quality buckets, installed base tracking.
- Production analysis: computes production units and cost of goods based on projected sales and target inventory levels. Cost of goods is composed of direct material, direct labor, and purchased services. Additional analysis is provided for production learning effects.
- Operating Expense analysis: monitors indirect labor expense, facilities expense, administration and other expenses. Expenses can be explicitly specified to apply in the early time periods. Calculation is provided for headcount and expense from revenue levels.
- Asset analysis: cash, accounts receivable, inventory (LIFO accounting), debt, asset purchases and depreciation.
- Liability analysis: accounts payable, short-term debt, long-term loans, bonds, and interest expense.
- Equity analysis: paid-in capital, retained earnings, dividends, and internal rate of return. Valuation analysis: values the business based on the present value of future net income, including a simple income model after the end of specified time period.
Purpose built versions of the Financial Statement Templates for Excel are also available which have been specifically designed for:
- Small Businesses : Selected input assumptions and analysis is simplified and summarized suitable for small business operations.
- Professional Services: Revenue is calculated by billable professional staff hours that are segmented by practice area, major engagement, type of professional staff, and sales channels. Cost of services account for professional staff hours billed, billable and applied to major and minor engagements and segmented by practice area, sales channel and amount of professional staff time of each staff type. Operating expense calculations employ professional staff utilization, support staff expense, facilities expense, admin and other expenses.