| ||The Investment Calculator for Excel (by ModelSheet) analyzes investment project inputs to provide financial information for cash flow, income statement and balance sheet as well as calculating investment valuation and return on investment. The Investment Calculator template can be customized online to meet specific business dynamics and downloaded as a purpose built investment analysis solution.|
Comprehensive and flexible input parameters for investment analysis and calculations include:
- Investment parameters with depreciation, tax credits and working capital assumptions.
- Sales revenue with units, annualized growth and average unit prices.
- Operating expenses with direct material, direct labor, consumed supplies, variable expenditure items and annualized growth assumptions for all variables.
- Financing options with discount rate, discount method (direct or CAPM), market beta, risk free rate, market risk premium, leveraging (blended equity, debt, and lease financing), debt borrowing rate, initial debt principal, and effective lease rate.
- Terminal value calculation discount rate and tail growth rate.
The Investment Calculator for Excel also enables the analysis of sub-projects that have their own fixed investment, working capital, revenues and expenses within a larger project. This feature can be used for valuing a portfolio of investments or comparing alternative investment strategies within the same analytical model.
Key outputs of The Investment Calculator for Excel for each investment project include:
- Summary of investment calculations useful for financial statements and overall analysis.
- Detailed analysis of operations financial for both the overall investment and sub-investments.
- Financial summaries for of all-equity financing and blended equity, debt and lease financing.
- Valuation analysis with net present value (NPV), return on capital (ROC), and internal rate of return (IRR) calculations.
Each sub-investment can be defined with its own initial value, start date, depreciation method, life, and salvage value whereby financial performance is reported separately and in aggregate. A number of different financial scenarios can also be defined in the investment calculator with each having a unique blend of equity, debt and lease financing.