|Imported Data Cleaning for Excel (ExcelSmartTools) is designed to help users edit, correct and clean spreadsheets, lists and reports imported from external sources such as ERP (for instance AS400), web sites, and other software packages. |
For the normal Microsoft Excel user, the major Imported Data Cleaning for Excel commands available are:
- Correct formulas that return errors, as for instance the division by zero.
- Verify that all the cells are of the same type of data (for instance, dates, formulas, labels).
- Convert text for upper case and lower case.
For users that work with imported reports from ERP (such as AS400), the most important commands also allow users to:
- Eliminate excess spaces.
- Correct negative values (123 -) for the correct value in Microsoft Excel -123.
- Convert Numeric Text to numbers that can be used by mathematical functions within the spreadsheet.
- Convert thousands and decimal separators to the separators used by the spreadsheet as defined regional configuration in the Control Panel.
- Convert imported dates to the format of dates used by the spreadsheet as defined regional configuration in the Control Panel.
Furthermore, for users of lists, the key commands also allow users to:
- Edit and correct values in lists, allowing the correcting of several values simultaneously.
- Extract a sample of data using three new methods different from sampling methods provided by Excel.
- Shade the list.